Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lightly salted Roasted peanuts

Roasted Peanuts
Roasted peanuts or time pass palli is a healthy and tasty snack. Back in our town there used to be a bandi/cart ringing a bell and selling the lightly salted roasted peanuts on the street. I used to love them a lot and buy them when ever my mom game me a rupee or so. I tried to make them at home as they are simply roasted peanuts and didn’t want to spend my pocket money on them. But it never worked out. Roasting peanuts is easy but I didn’t know how to make them lightly salty.
Recently I saw this recipe online and tried at home. They turned out really good. This is the tried and tested recipe for yummy lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
Ingredients:
Peanuts: 2 cups
Salt: 2 tsp(to taste)
Water: ½ cup

Method:
Pre heat the oven to 360 degrees F
Mix all the ingredients in a pan and put it on a medium flame and cook till all the water is evaporated. Stir many times to coat the salt evenly.
Place the peanuts in single layer in an oven safe pan.
Cook them in the oven for 30-45 mins or till they are roasted
Mix them occasionally to cook evenly and prevent any burning.
Yummy peanuts ready
Store in an air tight container once they r cooled and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment